aSc TimeTables - Data input - LessonsThis article is available in:
Adding and Editing a lesson
Lesson is the most important item for the generation. Lessons can be created from Teacher's/Contract or Class/Lessons dialog.
1. Teacher: Here you can select teacher who is teaching this class. You can also choose "Without teacher" if you are inputting some special lessons or you have not yet decided about teacher for this lesson.
2. More teachers…: By clicking on this button you can add other teachers to this lesson in case some teachers teach together. Be careful this means that those teachers will teach that lesson together in the same classroom. So if you specify that boys from 5A have lessons with 2 teachers then it means that boys will play football with two teachers. This can be good if one teacher is there just to take care of some disabled or talented boys. This is not the place where you specify teacher that will teach girls at the same time. You will specify the girl's teacher while inputting the girl's lessons.
3. Subject: By clicking on the arrow on the right you will display a list of subjects. You can select a subject with the mouse or by typing in starting letters.
4. Class - Similar to the subject, here you can select concrete class
5. Group - here you can choose entire class or group of class from existing divisions
6. Joint classes - If classes are put together, click on the button Joint classes...
7. Division - You can also add a new division.
8. Number of lessons per week: Enter the number directly.
9. Duration - The lesson can last for one, two, three, or more lesson hours (periods).
10. Weeks/terms - If your school runs on other than one week cycle then you can define it here.
11. Home classroom - Mark this option, if the lesson can be taught in the home (basic) classroom.
12. A lesson might require more classrooms.
See some common special situations:
There are many different possibilities on how to input different situations. Please check all the 'Data Input' chapters on how to input the special situation you have on your school.
You might also want to use the lesson grid interface that allows you to input the lessons faster in many situations. Check this article: Lesson grid overview
This article was viewed 439115 times.210941 / 439115